Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant to Get but Didn't

 

Of course, we all know it's impossible to buy all the books you want in any given year. Here are my Top Ten 2015 Releases that I wanted to buy but, for one reason or another, didn't. 

1.) Mosquitoland by David Arnold
Mosquitoland

I've heard a ton of great things about this novel but after it's initial publication, it kind of dropped off my radar. But now that I've seen it on a bunch of year-end Best of 2015 lists, I'm definitely going to try to read it in 2016. 

2.) Confess by Colleen Hoover
Confess

I'll confess: (haha, see what I did there?) I've never read anything by Colleen Hoover yet but her 2015 release sounded really intriguing. I even spotted it in a bookstore at one point and almost picked it up but, unfortunately, I put it back and I have yet to add it to my shelf. 

3.) The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)

So apparently this book has dragon people in it and I didn't buy it? What the hell, self?

4.) Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Uprooted

This book seems like it's right up my alley - there's magic, wizards, a badass heroine. And it's gotten stellar reviews. Yet, for some reason, I didn't get around to buying it.

5.) Finders Keepers by Stephen King
Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2)

I feel so ashamed of myself - a Stephen King book came out in 2015 and I didn't buy it. But that's only because I haven't read the first book in the Bill Hodges series...like I said, so ashamed!

6.) Wind/Pinball by Haruki Murakami
Wind/Pinball: Two Novels

A major Murakami release came out in 2015 but I didn't buy it. I debated about this one for a while but ultimately decided to wait for the paperback. 

7.) Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal, #1)

Another fantasy book I failed to pick up in 2015 - there were just too many of them, I couldn't possible buy them all!

8.) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Six of Crows was a HUGE deal in 2015 - everyone was talking about it. I obsessed over the cover ever since it was revealed - but I haven't finished Bardugo's Grisha trilogy yet (loved the first book, just haven't finished the rest of the series.) So, I put this one on hold. 

9.) Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Wolf By Wolf (Wolf By Wolf, #1)

I really wanted this book - an alternate history where Hitler won the war? Sign me up! So I put it on my Christmas list but unfortunately, I guess I was too naughty this year for Santa to bring it to me. :(

10.) The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)

So I'm usually pretty good at collecting Rick Riordan's books even though I haven't read any of them yet. (I know, I'm a weirdo.) Still, how could I pass up that gorgeous cover? Well, I did and have yet to add it to my collection. 

So, what books did you want but not get in 2015? Let me know!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original book tag created by The Broke and the Bookish.








2 comments:

  1. So many books that i also want to read on this list! I could just copy it and hand it as my wish list ;)
    Actually the only book that i would not love to read is the Hoover one since that is just not my type of book, but the rest, so with you :)
    I am also with you on Six of Crows, i loved Shadow and bone but haven't managed to read more of the series yet but can't wait to get to that book.
    I do hope that you get all those books very soon and enjoy them when you read them. :)
    Fantastic list :)

    My TTT: http://booksbeautifylife.blogspot.de/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-2015-releases-i-havent.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      I checked out your post and you have a lot of great books on there! Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is definitely worth buying, it was one of my favorite reads in 2015! :)

      Delete