Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Websites I Love that Aren't About Books

 

I didn't realize how many book-related websites I visited until I tried to come up with this list! Almost every website I visit is book-themed. Still, I managed to scrape together a list of websites I love that have nothing to do with books.


A wonderful humor website I visit every single day - Jeff Wysaski posts funny pictures, videos, tumblr posts, etc. Some of the stuff he posts are hit-and-miss but overall he manages to tickle my funny bone. What's even more unintentionally hilarious is the comments section where people take things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!

9) IMDB

The website that is indispensable for movie buffs - I go on here to watch trailers, see what's headed to theaters, and find out just who that guy is in that movie I'm watching. 


The perfect website for geeks with money to burn - this blog showcases all the new geeky things you can buy, from Funko Pops to Harry Potter watches.

7) Etsy

Who doesn't love all the cool handmade stuff you can find on Etsy? From candles to t-shirts to jewelry, you can find it all. Of course, most of the stuff I look at it book-related in some way..but not all of it!


This is the place I go to find out what's going on in the world of horror - it's mostly film related, although people post bookish stuff from time to time. Most of the people in the forum are super-friendly and helpful so if you're looking for the title of an obscure horror film you watched six years ago, this is the place to go.

5) PinkCherry

It's a sex-toy website. Enough said.

4) BuzzFeed

Ah, good ole' time-wasting BuzzFeed. Sure it's click-baity but sometimes I just have to know which Hogwarts professor would definitely hate me. 

3) Society6

A great website if you're looking for unique, affordable artwork. Not just prints, but phone cases, t-shirts, mugs, and clocks. And a buttload of other stuff.

2) YouTube

Yes, I look at a lot of book-related stuff on Youtube - but it's also great for watching cat videos and Inside Amy Schumer sketches.

1) Bustle

A great website for women - they post articles on everything from entertainment to politics to feminism. (And they post about books too.)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


No comments:

Post a Comment