Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 Reading Challenges

I've never participated in any reading challenges before and this year I've decided to participate in six! I might be biting off more than I can chew but that's the whole point of a challenge. I'm not only doing this to try to read more books in 2015 but to also connect with the larger reading community online.

1. Goodreads Reading Challenge



In 2015, I am pledging on Goodreads to read at least 200 books.

2. POPSUGAR 2015 Reading Challenge



The PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge is a checklist with 50 different book categories you can check off as you go. (Example: A book with more than 500 pages.) No specific titles are listed. You can find the list here.

3. The Book Riot 2015 Reading Challenge



This reading challenge is very similar to the PopSugar challenge. It's a list of different reading tasks instead of a list of specific books. For example, one challenge is to read a book published by an indie press. You can find the list here.

4. The Gothic Challenge



This challenge is being hosted by Books Under the Bed. There are different challenges with different numbers of books to read, as well as monthly read-a-longs featuring a specific book in the Gothic genre. I will be doing Challenge 2: 10 books. And to make it easier on myself (since I'm taking on other reading challenges) I will stick to reading the books featured in the monthly read-a-longs. You can find the full details of the challenge here.

5. Fairytale Challenge

The Daily Prophecy

This challenge is being hosted by The Daily Prophecy. The challenge is to read fairytale retellings. There are six different levels to choose from based on the number of books you plan on reading. I will be aiming for the Magic Mirror level: 9 books. You can find the challenge here.

6. Books to Screen Challenge



This isn't an official challenge, just one I'm doing for myself. I am challenging myself to read all the books that are being turned into movies this year. My list will come from Bookreporter.com where they have a feature called Books to Screen. Every month they publish a list of every movie coming to theaters that is based on a book. I'm not going to be able to see every movie in theaters - a lot of the movies, I'll be waiting for the DVD. If you want to do this challenge yourself or are doing a similar challenge, here's a link to the list.

So those are my reading challenges! I am going to allow some of my challenges to overlap with each other, like the PopSugar and Book Riot challenges. But I'm still going to be reading a ton of books! I am so excited to participate in these challenges. I'd love to hear what reading challenges other readers are participating in. Let me know in the comments below and have a wonderful reading year!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the fairytale chalenge :D It's great you decided to join mine as one of your 6 first challenges. I hope you have fun and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete